– 68 mm PF30 bb shell (adaptors required for BSA type bbs).
– Compatible with Biocentric 30 for singlespeed use.
– NMF internal cable and housing guides for shifting and rear brake.
– Front and rear rack/fender mounts.
– 27.2 seat post.
– 31.8 seat collar.
– 34.9 front derailleur clamp.
– 1.125” X 1.5” tapered integrated (campy style) head tube, headset included, cane creek description: IS42/28.6 IS52/40.
– Disc brake only, 30 mm tall flat mount
– 160 mm max rotor size.
– 142 X 12 rear spacing, 100 x 15 front spacing.
– All sizes have 2 inner triangle bottle mounts.
– Can fit up to a 700x40c/650x40c tire (tire sizes vary by brand, some tires may not fit).
– Compatible with standard 1x and 2x systems.
Recommended use: Gravel
Frame material: steel
Frame type: Hardtail
Head tube diameter: 1 1/2 to 1 1/8 tapered
Headset included: Yes
Bottom bracket type: 68 mm PF30
Biocentric compatible: Biocentric 30
Cable routing: internal
Front derailleur mount: 34,9 mm up clamp
Derailleur pull: Bottom
Brake mount: Flat Mount
Seatpost diameter: 27,2 mm
Rear axle included: Yes. 12×142 mm
Manufacturer warranty: 5 years
Color: Forge grey/Baja blue
Frame: Reynolds 853 steel; external cable routing; Integrated bottle, bag, rack and fender mounts; Flat mount; 12X142 Thru axle
Fork: Niner RDO Full Carbon; integrated bottle, bag, rack and fenders mounts; Internal cable routing; Flat mount; 12X100 Thru axle
Front wheel: TFHPC Grinder 15×100
Rear wheel: TFHPC Grinder 12×142
Front tire: WTB Raddler TCS Light Fast Rolling
Rear tire: WTB Raddler TCS Light Fast Rolling
Brakes: SRAM Etap AXS Flatmount
Brake levers: SRAM Rival 1
Brake rotors: SRAM Centerline 160/140 mm
Chain: SRAM XX1 Eagle Raibow
Battery: charger and battery SRAM AXS
Rear derailleur: SRAM X01 AXS
Cassette: SRAM XG1295 10-50 T
Crankset: SRAM Force 1 DUB 172.5 mm 42 T
Bottom bracket: SRAM DUB
Saddle: Ergon Sport Men (Stealth)
Seatpost: Niner Alu (Slate Grey)
Handlebar: TFHPC Aerocross Carbon
Stem: TFHPC Comp+
Headset: Niner integrated Shis description IS42/28.6|IS52/40
Tape: Finna Landscape V2
Frame sizes: 47 cm, 50 cm, 53 cm, 56 cm, 59 cm, 62 cm
Why does Niner steel still feel so real?
In practical terms, Reynolds 853 is a nearly perfect material for creating bike frames. Rather than being weakened by heat, the frame tube junctions actually strengthen after TIG welding. This allows the use of thinner, lighter frame tubes without any sacrifice in durability or strength.
Additionally, steel-framed bicycles have a well-earned reputation for rugged, dependable reliability. Steel has a way of brushing off the inevitable scratches, dings, and rough treatment that accompanies the best adventures. No matter if you have a cross-continent excursion or a county line commute, the RLT 9 steel loves to be loaded up and rolled out.
Steel frame, RDO carbon fork
The RLT 9 Steel features our all-new RDO carbon fiber fork. The combination of steel frame and carbon fork is sure to offer a supple ride, regardless of duration. This beautifully designed fork is composed of famous Race Day Optimized carbon fiber, which is built with a unique process that optimizes complete compaction of the carbon layers under heat and pressure. By maximizing the carbon-to-resin ratio in the finished product, we keep this fork light and stiff while improving compliance over rough surfaces.
We paid mind to aesthetics and functionality in this fork. The brake hose is routed internally through a fully sleeved guide tube. Multiple rack, fender, and cargo mounts make light work of heavy loads, so go ahead, add another day of bikepacking on to your trip. The 12x100mm thru-axle and flat mount disc brake attachments are compatible with contemporary components. If you find yourself wanting to push the limits on a long haul self-supported ride, we’ve got you covered. The new fork features internal wire routing and fitment for a hub dynamo powered light, so the only thing keeping you from riding into the night is your bedtime.
Tire size compatibility for any adventure
Get ready to swoon. With more tire clearance than ever before, the RLT 9 Steel can accommodate tires as wide as 700x50c. Does your next ride require more rubber on the road? Not to worry, swapping out wheels is easy. This bike can accommodate 650b wheels and fit tires as wide as 2.0. Go wild with while and tire combinations, just keep it rubber side down out there.
Frame features fit for going farther
Are you a steel connoisseur, an adventure addict, weekend bikepacker, gear hoarder, over packer, grocery-getter or commuter extraordinaire? If you answered yes to any of these, the RLT 9 Steel was made for you. This dream build has 26 mounting points that give you the option to outfit your bike with as many bags, bottles, and racks as you need. You can haul anything from a love letter to your hockey team’s uniforms…
Moving on- We’ve also designed custom bags for each frame size that mount directly to the frame. No more straps or buckles flying around. Just a cleanly designed frame ready for the next journey.
Cleanliness is next to godliness. Our internal cable routing keeps the frame looking tidy. Want an even sleeker bike? Single-speed calling your name? With our PF30 bottom bracket shell, it’s easy to fit a geared or single-speed drivetrain. More gears your thing? This bike is compatible with either mechanical or electronic shifting. Plan on getting rowdy on your ride? Throw a dropper post on, for safety.
Room to roam
Niner RLT gravel bikes have room to fit 700x50c tires (or 650b x 2.0).
Whether you’re riding across town or across the country, the RLT 9 Steel has a longer chainstay, a lower bottom bracket height and a slacker headtube angle to keep you comfortable.
Interchangeable wheel size
Don’t let the terrain stop you from riding. The Niner RLT 9 Steel can fit both 700c and 650b wheels, for ultimate versatility and adaptability to suit any off road pursuit.
Biocentric Bottom Bracket
Fit any drivetrain, geared or singlespeed. No bolt-on hubs, no chain tensioners cluttering your ride, no brake adjustments with gear changes.
We have you covered with warranty service, small parts, and a support team that actually answers the phone. So go ahead, search out a gravel road you’ve always wanted to explore.
Niner RDO carbon fork
Internal cable routing, so no more fishing for wires. Custom 12×100 mm gravel-tuned RDO carbon fork with rack, fender and bottle mounts, plus internal cable and dynamo routing, perfect for those long hauls.
– Accepts up to a 50 mm tire.
– Flat mount disc brakes make adjustment easier.
– Niner’s rdo carbon compaction frame delivers comfort and dependabilty.
– Super thin profile seat stays and top tube deliver all day comfort.
– A massive down tube and chainstays keep power transfer in check.
– Tried and true geometry designed for competitve all-condition riding and multiday adventures and everything in between.
– NMF internal cable and housing guides means no more fishing.
– 2 Water bottle cage mounts inside the triangle of every frame, no matter the size.
– Three mounting bolts on each fork leg allows for a variety of bike setups.
– PF 30 bb shell works for geared or singlespeed compatible with the Niner Biocentric II (Biocentric not included).
– 142 X 12 rear and 100 x 15 front spacing resists twisting in the frame/fork and maintains precise disc brake adjustment.
– Di2 compatibility.